Pangkalan Data Nama Geografi & Gazetir Kebangsaan (PDNG) developed in order to manage authoritative information related to geographical names and location. PDNG consist of geographic names scaled to 1:25,000 and 1:50,000 to simplify JTNGN agents in managing geographical names.
PDNG stores information related to geographical names and location coordinate. The use of the system is to manage geographical names as stated by the government including:
- Checking geographical names
- Checking geographical location
- Lists of new geographical names with coordinate
- Generate and send reports of updated geographical names to Jawatankuasa Negeri Nama Geografi for verification
- Updating database upon approvals